About the creators

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people that have allowed me to share their work. All of the postings have the links to the original posting - click on the name of their site. If you find something that you really enjoy please take a minute to go to their site and leave them some love!! Without them, without their permission this would not exist. I try not to get to many from one person - unless what they have is so unique. I do not get anything in return from them...but let them know you found them here with me Jackie at Glitter Fantasies.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Heart Flowers

While I was putting together the post about Peachy Keen Stamps one of their guest designers DoBea from The Flip Side of Me created this completely adorable flower from hearts. I know there are a number of them out there but I loved her style on making them so I knew I had to have it here for everyone to see. I was so happy to get home from work and to her email and she said I could post this!!! Her blog is great last night I got lost in it for a while - AND If there are particular company you enjoy - her labels are by companies!!
I won't show the final project first - but your gonna LOVE IT!!!


Peachy Keen Guest Designer Day 3

Good Morning! Welcome back to day number three of my guest design spot with Peachy Keen Stamps! I want to thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving for me. I am so honored to be able to share my projects with you!
For my project today, there are lots of photos. I hope this helps in some way, as I am a very visual learner, so I think the more photos the better.
I used the stamp set Valentine Sweets for this project. I know I am bombarding you with Valentine's things so far, but I just can't seem to help myself.
First, for the larger flower, I started out stamping fifteen of the large solid outline hearts onto one piece of paper and then six of the largest dotted outline hearts onto another piece of paper. (All of the hearts were stamped onto paper from The Girls Paperie.) Then, for the smaller flower, I stamped another ten of the largest dotted outline hearts onto yet another piece of paper and four of the smallest dotted outline hearts onto the last piece of paper. (I wanted all of the different sized hearts to vary from each other.)
Here is a picture of the hearts for the smaller of the flowers.
Next, I took my flower tool (the Petal Roller from Imaginisce) and made a crease down the middle of all of the hearts, large and small.
I then flipped the hearts over (the backside facing up) and made a crease in between the middle crease (which now looks like a mountain) and edge on both sides of the mountain.
 So, when you flip then back over there are two hills and one valley.
 From there, I pierced a hole near the bottom middle for the brad to fit through.
I took two small hearts and put them onto the brad first, then took five of the larger hearts and put them on the brads, spanning them out into the flower shape.
And, here is a close up of the two different sized flowers I made. I had ended up making three large flowers and two small ones.
Nearing the end, before I glued the flowers on, I painted the wooden love (found this at Hobby Lobby) in baby blue, pink and white, and then painted a layer of Glamour Dust Glitter Paint in Ice Crystal (which you can find here in the Peachy Keen store) over the entire thing, and let dry.
Finally, I replaced the ribbon that it can with with some pretty pink satin ribbon so that I could hang it on the wall, and glue the flowers where I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment