About the creators

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people that have allowed me to share their work. All of the postings have the links to the original posting - click on the name of their site. If you find something that you really enjoy please take a minute to go to their site and leave them some love!! Without them, without their permission this would not exist. I try not to get to many from one person - unless what they have is so unique. I do not get anything in return from them...but let them know you found them here with me Jackie at Glitter Fantasies.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Gardening Apron

I realize this isn't my normal tutorial posting, one that you pretty much need to purchase a file to make it. However, I am sure you will agree that these are far to adorable NOT to have saved. And yes, I will end up getting the files and making them.
I found this at Split Coast Stampers by Lauren and I think she did a really great job! Especially since I am waiting for spring so bad (I am so over all of this snow!!!) This is a perfect "think spring" idea!
http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/07/12/gardening-apron-a-petal-in-bloom-and-a-template-duo-giveaway/
Jul 12, 2009


pots-set.JPG
Gardening Apron Set
I decided it would be nice to show you both versions, side by side, and design them exactly (for the most part) the same! This gives you an idea of how large and small they are! Even the Pretty Petite version is a FAB size!
So, if you are wondering, that means that you not only get the LARGE/Standard template versions, but the Pretty Petite versions too!! ALL for ONE price $5!
large-small-side-by-side-carton.JPG
Here is the side by side Milk Made © Carton comparison
Cute eh?
Again stamped the same! Decorated a bit differently. I think they are both adorable!
Large Milk Made © Gardener
side-large-milk.JPG
This is the standard My Timeless Template Milk Made ©
You can put so many various items in these! I used clips on the top! Just un-clip to open! Easy peasy.
Front view large
just-because-milk.JPG
I love this project!
Inside the large cartons hold these seed packets
large-carton-set.jpg
Which also inspired my design!
Now for my BIG AH! HA! moment :D
I used the Milk Made © Crate as a Gardening “Apron”
apron-close.JPG
When looking at the template it just looked like an apron to me! So I ran with the idea.
View from the top
apron-empty.JPG
I think adding some sort of patterned paper to the Milk Made © Crate bottom is a nice finishing touch :D
Here is the “pocket detail”
apron-pocket-det.JPG
I used my large and small Tag punch from Stampin Up! to create the “pocket” in my apron box! The flowers are just peeking out of the top! I used a Linen bkgd stamp to add a textured look to my apron, and the Tea Dye ink duo to “dirty” up my gardening apron!
Now for the Pretty Petite version
lil-post-2.JPG
Just as cute!
I purchased these mini flower pots (which have herbs in them) at the Target $1 spot over a year ago! LOL!
They fit nice and snug into the Petite version of the Milk Made © Carton
post-out-apron.JPG
How cute is this set, seriously?!!
I used Vintage Twine for my Apron stings on the smaller version.
You could buy little flower pots and make party favors!
Fill with potpourri, or seed mix.
You could make “mud” cups for a kids party-just use Chocolate Pudding, gummy worms, and crushed Oreo cookies!
Now those would be the talk of the town!
pots-in-apron.JPG
You can even put the little post in the Milk Made © Crate template!
lil-pos-in-aprom-set.JPG
Seriously, how cute is that?
I love this gift set to pieces!
Now you could use larger pots for the standard Milk Made template too, if you like!
Pretty fancy :D
Supplies:
My Timeless Template: Milk Made © large and small template
Stamps: Vintage Picnic, and a linen bkgd from SU!
Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Rustic White
Ink: Tea Dye duo, dark chocolate ,ripe avocado, Copic Markers
Patterned Paper: Green Tea Leaves
Ribbon: Vintage cream twill, rustic twine
punches: corner rounder, scallop/layering circles, labels, word window, layering tag, 3/4 circle all by SU!
Prima flowers
brads, seed packets, mini flower pots

No comments:

Post a Comment