About the creators

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people that have allowed me to share their work. All of the postings have the links to the original posting - click on the name of their site. If you find something that you really enjoy please take a minute to go to their site and leave them some love!! Without them, without their permission this would not exist. I try not to get to many from one person - unless what they have is so unique. I do not get anything in return from them...but let them know you found them here with me Jackie at Glitter Fantasies.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tri Shutter Card

I absolutely love making this card style. It looks complicated, but it really is very easy to make (after you mess up the first one hehe). And it can be used for any occasion trust me. This tutorial is by far the easiest one I found. As always here is link to the original tutorial http://craftiblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/23/2009-04-23-quad-fold-card-sample-tutorial/.  This is a mother, daughter team effort and I must say they have some great projects. From nice, clean and simple to this amazing card! Take a peak at their place...again you won't be sorry as they seem to have a little bit of everything.

2009/04/23
Jan Webb in LateNightStampers showed a card sample of something called a TRI Shutter Card. It looks more like a Quad Fold Card; but that’s just me. Just by a few folds and cuts it makes this great fold. I found some written instructions but to make it really easy to understand I took some photos. Wait till you see how easy this really is and the wonderful results.
Start with a 12″ long piece of card stock that is 5 1/2″ tall. This size will fit into a standard invitation size envelope when all folded.
Score at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (2)
Turn the card stock and now measure 1 1/2″ in from the long side. Use your craft knife and make a slit starting at the 2″ score and bring it down to the 10″ score mark. Make sure to do this on BOTH long sides.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (3)
This picture shows the mountain & valley folds much easier than can be written out. Just take a look and make your folds as pictured.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (4)
Now I’ve added decorative scrapbook papers (DSP) to each of the surfaces of the card. I made sure to leave a little boarder around each piece of the DSP; 1 for looks and 2 so that when the card is folded the DSP won’t buckle.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (5)
Stamped and embellished. This view shows me looking down on the card so you can see all of the 3-d folds.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (8)
I’ve laid the card flat for photographing so you can see all the decorations.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (9)
I’ve got the card tipped a little bit for photographing, but this is the open view while standing.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (7)
Here’s how the card looks all folded up and ready to be inserted into an envelope.
2009-04-23    Quad Fold Card (6)
Stamps:
Flourish’s by Autumn Leaves;
“Just Because” by The Angel Company (TAC);
“Just a little note…” by D.O.T.S. n/k/a Close to my Heart.
Embellishments:
DSP =’s The Slab III by ProvoCraft
Cuttlebug butterfly die cut & embossing folder
paper flowers
brads
glass leaf beads & jump rings
brass colored heart shaped paper clip
gold micro glitter
EDIT TO ADD: I ALSO MADE A SAMPLE THAT GIVES THE TRI SHUTTER A FULL CARD FRONT. HERE’S THE LINK TO THAT SAMPLE: tri shutter with full card front
TEMPLATE USING 11″ CARD STOCK: Full card front with 11″ card stock sample
AND THE FINISHED SAMPLE OF THE 5.5 x 11″ size

IN ADDITION: since my original post I have been featured as a guest on SplitCoastStampers. Here is the link to the technique challenge: Monday Technique (5-19-09) TRI Shutter Card
and the link to the gallery showing dozens of samples of this style of card: SplitCoastStampers TLC221 Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment