About the creators

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people that have allowed me to share their work. All of the postings have the links to the original posting - click on the name of their site. If you find something that you really enjoy please take a minute to go to their site and leave them some love!! Without them, without their permission this would not exist. I try not to get to many from one person - unless what they have is so unique. I do not get anything in return from them...but let them know you found them here with me Jackie at Glitter Fantasies.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Make Your Own Fluff

After viewing a number of videos and reading to many tutorials, I found this and think this was best one. Holly did a great job with this here is link to original tutorial http://hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com/2009/10/make-your-own-flower-soft.html. 
She has an amazing blog and from what I have seen I love what she has done, so be sure to visit her blog you won't be disappointed...I am heading back to look at what she has done..so many ideas!!

I have used just the plain white on cards as snow and it looked great. I have also made the colored with regular food coloring and mixed colors for variety. Now I am going to get reinkers because there are colors you just cannot recreate with food coloring.


Here is the tutorial Enjoy!! Her video is below the photos, and is very well done!
I bought some of these styrofoam balls at the dollar store



Then I simpley rubbed them together and let it grate itself! Here is a comparison of the styrofoam and the polar white flower soft



Then I wanted to try my hand at coloring it. I used some re-inkers and just laid some drops around a pile of styrofoam and then mixed it together with a pencil. It worked great!






I made a video showing you how I did it. It's quick, easy, fun, and a real money saver! Plus if you only need a little of a particular color you can make as much as need! Here's the video. I hope you enjoy it, and thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment