About the creators

I wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people that have allowed me to share their work. All of the postings have the links to the original posting - click on the name of their site. If you find something that you really enjoy please take a minute to go to their site and leave them some love!! Without them, without their permission this would not exist. I try not to get to many from one person - unless what they have is so unique. I do not get anything in return from them...but let them know you found them here with me Jackie at Glitter Fantasies.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tim Holtz Demo's

After sending off an email with a question about one of his products for whatever reason I went to his site. I looked at the products, his about page...then I found the demo page!! If you weren't a fan before, the demos will certainly change that perspective. For me, the demos really opened my eyes to all the things you can do with just one of the dies. And put them on the top of my "wish lists"!! I definitely had to place the site on my "Wish List" page!!
I really have to say Tim Holtz and his design team are amazing!! I just watched the first video he did under Demos and his dies are so versatile!!! A while back I had seen a butterfly (butterfly's and pink are my favorite things) and fell is love with it. I thought it was on a cart....nope one of his dies. And he shows all the different things you can do with one of them...I was completely floored. I think I am pretty creative and can think outside the box - I have just been shown I don't!! Or at least not as much as I thought I did.... I need to meet this man. I made the decision next year I am going to CHA to meet him.
Some of you might balk at this...but when I heard of Tim Holtz I merely thought he was just a name behind the products and that was the end of it. But the more I look around the more I have realized that he is actually part of the design process. His mind seems to be an endless array of designs and ideas. He is not merely a "front person" but part of it, which to me makes him far more interesting.
I don't own tons of his products as a number of you, but I am slowly acquiring things. And I must admit so far I love everything that I have bought so far. Over the last couple months a couple of craft stores have been putting things on clearance in order to make room for new products and I have grabbed everything I have been able to get my little hands on. One of them is the crackle stuff, I wasn't really sure what to do with it but it looked fun. I bought the last two bottles they had and it sat here for a couple days right here on my desk. I finally opened one up and put some on some holly berries just to see....all I can say is if you don't have some of this you must get some!! It made the berries look so wild!!! And that was it, I was off in search of what others had done with this stuff.
I also had bought some Perfect Pearls...again not 100% sure what to do with them so I was off in search of tutorials. I had found one that he was part of and now understand why he is so energetic and enthusiastic! I guess I can say I am now a die hard fan of Tim Holtz and cannot wait to watch for of his videos to find out what new toy I need to get next!  Well I am off to watch more demos so if I don't post for a while I have gotten lost on his site.

No comments:

Post a Comment